Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Electronics

Posted by NelsonRap 
Electronics
August 12, 2011 03:40PM
What is everyone using for their electronics, I 'm now looking at building a Prusa to go with my Mendel but don't want to use Gen6 as I might be selling the Prusa in the future have a friend that's interested and I see from the licence you can't on sell Gen6 fair enough.

So what are the recommendations I'm guessing Ramps now the crux of the question are they available pre made in New Zealand or do I need to look at making my own and if so can anyone give me an estimate as to cost?

Thanks

Gary

August 12, 2011 07:54PM
Im using [www.reprap.org] but I didnt get any of it local...
Re: Electronics
August 13, 2011 01:45AM
Did you have to build the board up and then have to add the firmware or did you get the board already configured? Roughly how much did it cost you?

August 17, 2011 05:24AM
I built it all myself, only one tricky small surface mount part. (very very small)

I got the board for free, since its a v1.1 (now obsolete, but still fully functional)
I got all the parts from mouser, delivered. 100.07nz, should be less with the current exchange rates

Actually see [www.emakershop.com] about the same price

This is the guy who designed the board... Get everything from the source, and the tricky surface mount is done and the boot loader is loaded so you can just upload the firmware.
He has even shipped to NZ before...
Re: Electronics
August 27, 2011 01:38AM
I am currently using Gen3, although am also developing a better RAMPS, one that virtually anyone can source parts for, except the polulu drivers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login