Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gidday! Hoping to build a Prusa in Auckland

Posted by biggles301 
Gidday! Hoping to build a Prusa in Auckland
September 22, 2011 09:58PM
Hi there everyone was hoping to start the process of building a rep rap Prusa, the list of suppliers is great! Was just wondering where one would get the actual parts for the Prusa?

Cheers!
Re: Gidday! Hoping to build a Prusa in Auckland
September 22, 2011 11:10PM
Also should probably add to that, is 3mm or 1.74mm the way to go? Sorry if thats a nood question!
September 23, 2011 12:37AM
Most will say 3mm as it is stronger on the roll. Trademe has plastic parts sometimes or Acronum which is me, but I'm currently out of stock and waiting for a replacement part for my own printer before I can start printing again

September 23, 2011 03:45PM
Check out this thread as Grogyan said he'll have parts soon via Tangleball (a hackerspace in Auckland).
September 23, 2011 03:53PM
And regarding your filament diameter question - 1.75mm is good if you're aiming for really high quality prints when combined with a tiny nozzle (i.e. 0.25 - 0.4). 3mm is almost half the price of 1.75mm (in PLA from Vik anyway) and as NelsonRap says is stronger on the roll so can be easier to handle. I say go for 3mm until you're at the stage where you need to improve your print quality. Walk before you run. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login