Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLA & ABS on TradeMe

Posted by VikOlliver 
PLA & ABS on TradeMe
September 25, 2011 06:07PM
I've started putting excess PLA & ABS stock on trademe.co.nz, but the response is fairly poor. I'd wanted to put up some of our odd-length and odd-coloured rolls, but that means pictures and I have to pay for those up front. Before I do, is there actually a market for this stuff?

Vik :v)
Re: PLA & ABS on TradeMe
September 25, 2011 09:25PM
Hi Vik,

I've been watching your Trade Me auctions and was thinking of grabbing some PLA that way next time, especially if you're happy to combine postage. I'd be interested in odd lengths and colours too.

Trade Me should be good place to get the word out that there are RepRap/MakerBot consumables available in NZ, i.e. if someone is thinking of building a printer the first place they will probably go is Trade Me. Pity it's a burden/cost to have a presence on there though.

Thanks,

Matt
September 25, 2011 10:16PM
No problem with drop-ins by arrangement, and quite happy to combine postage. I give 3 free rolls to people who gang up and put in an order for 20 - and one of the free rolls can be luminous.

Also I've now got onboard with PBT couriers, so NZ shipping prices just got much better!

I'll stick up an odd roll next time I get one. Probably Friday-ish.

September 26, 2011 01:27AM
I have been selling some bits on Trademe such as Prusa plastics and I'm thinking of putting on of the Prusa's I'm making on as a full kit just to see if it sells. I also have Sanguinololu bare boards on there

September 14, 2012 04:53AM
grokbeer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... and was thinking of grabbing some PLA that way next time,
> especially if you're happy to combine postage.
> I'd be interested in odd lengths and colours too.

Matt,
We didcussed a group order when I met you at CoLab. I'm also keen on some odd lengths, especially if it was a cheaper way of getting a variety of colours.
If there are any other Wellington makers who are intersted, lets combine with an order.

Graeme
September 14, 2012 05:31AM
I did a deal for one customer where I gave him about 5 random colours in a kilo for NZ$43 by cleaning out our samples rack, no uselessly short lengths. Would a similar offer help you acquire a range of colours in the quantity you need?

September 14, 2012 06:11AM
It would, though I'm wanting 1.75ml filament.
I'm mostly printing fairly small stuff, so I don't mind smallish lengths. Though the bowden tube on my Huxley does mean that about 40cm of each thread is wasted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2012 02:33PM by Inquisitor.
September 14, 2012 07:07AM
Jeeze - I hate having to throw away small bits - still bugger all you can print with 400mm smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2012 07:07AM by Wired1.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
September 14, 2012 04:48PM
I have seen a heated aluminium joiner on thingiverse somewhere I think that someone made to join all their small bits together been meaning to make one but not got around to it

September 14, 2012 06:23PM
I've been wondering if you can superglue it together to get a rainbow print smiling smiley anyone tried this?
It should be possible to do it with a soldering iron, I might have a go - it's raining here today afterall smiling smiley

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
September 14, 2012 09:20PM
Do you mean this [www.thingiverse.com] ?
September 14, 2012 09:25PM
Err, maybe not then - it does look a bit naff. I guess it would be handy if you have a dozen pieces the same colour all half a metre long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2012 12:44AM by Wired1.

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
September 15, 2012 09:27PM
How about this ? accidental - forgot to purge the old colour when I changed PLA

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
September 15, 2012 10:35PM
That looks pretty cool.

Some of the things that RichRap (from the link Dust posted) are very good. He calculates the length of each colour required in his prints, and doctors the gcode so that the colours are in solid blocks. So with his joiny-thing he can make some pretty awesome multi-coloured prints with a single extruder.

Me, I think I'll wait until someone has figured out a multi colour extruder. Or maybe I'll build a double extruder Prusa.
September 16, 2012 05:53AM
Did you guys see

[richrap.blogspot.co.nz]

and a real filament mixer (long but interesting)

[www.reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login