Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loading Firmware on Melzi 2.0

Posted by cliffoco 
Loading Firmware on Melzi 2.0
February 17, 2016 02:04AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, I have been googleing and with so many variations of my Prusa I3 I am nothing but confused.

I am simply wondering if it's possible to load Marlin on melzi 2.0, from what I gather it's one of the best firmwares out there and I would love to take advantage of it. If anyone can point me to a guide or a starting point I appreciate it!
Re: Loading Firmware on Melzi 2.0
February 17, 2016 02:31PM
cliffoco
Sorry if this has been posted before, I have been googleing and with so many variations of my Prusa I3 I am nothing but confused.

Yeah... But really... They are all the same. They are all RepRap's and can print most of their own parts.

cliffoco
I am simply wondering if it's possible to load Marlin on melzi 2.0,

Yes... and in fact, at this page is complete documentation on the Melzi 2.0 and shows you how to load Marlin on to it.

cliffoco
from what I gather it's one of the best firmwares out there and I would love to take advantage of it. If anyone can point me to a guide or a starting point I appreciate it!

Marlin isn't one of the best. Marlin *IS* the best RepRap firmware.
February 17, 2016 04:30PM
Roxy
cliffoco

Yeah... But really... They are all the same. They are all RepRap's and can print most of their own parts.

cliffoco
I am simply wondering if it's possible to load Marlin on melzi 2.0,

Yes... and in fact, at this page is complete documentation on the Melzi 2.0 and shows you how to load Marlin on to it.

cliffoco
from what I gather it's one of the best firmwares out there and I would love to take advantage of it. If anyone can point me to a guide or a starting point I appreciate it!

Marlin isn't one of the best. Marlin *IS* the best RepRap firmware.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your detailed response smiling smiley
March 07, 2016 01:50PM
So my Prusa has a LCD with 5 buttons and from my research these are analouge and Marlin does not support them. I have the source code which has an older version of Marlin but repeteir supports this keypad right in there config tool which is a lot easier then having to disect the source code and port the correct info into the new Marlin code.

Are there any real advantages to having Marlin over Repeteir or mostly preference? From what I can tell it seems to be a 50/50 type of thing with many features available on both?

Mainly I am looking for auto level and Melzi support.

Brandon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login