Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Porting Zonestar/Hesine/Anet panel support from repetier

Posted by Braccoz 
Porting Zonestar/Hesine/Anet panel support from repetier
May 27, 2016 05:02PM
hi everybody,

i own a chinese i3 knockoff, namely the Anet A8 which i'm improving in various ways, including replacing the melzi controller with a RAMPS 1.4 on which i put Marlin 1.1.0RC6.

unfortunately, these chinese i3s have a 5 button panel, unlike the classic encoder ones. i managed to get the LCD working, but of course, for the buttons, there needs to be support in Marlin.

some guys over at repetier forums have implemented that so i thought it would be nice to port that code to Marlin, however, despite the fact that i can code, i am completely new to marlin and have no idea where i should put the code to respect the "structure" of the firmware and perhaps send a pull request to get it incorporated into trunk.

so anybody can help?

at this point i'm pretty sure i should add some code to the RAMPS_14.h but there must be other places...
Re: Porting Zonestar/Hesine/Anet panel support from repetier
May 28, 2016 06:58AM
I dont know your display board... but marlin has support for some push button control boards already

See [reprapworld.com]

In marlin

//
// RepRapWorld REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD v1.1
// [reprapworld.com]
//
// REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD_MOVE_STEP sets how much should the robot move when a key
// is pressed, a value of 10.0 means 10mm per click.
//
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD_MOVE_STEP 10.0

Perhaps looking for REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD would be a good place to start in the code..
But mayby not, looks like those button are read over SPI...

How are the buttons wired? directly to IO pins or something else

I think first step is probably some detailed photos of the lcd and connectors and where they connect to on their controller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2016 07:11AM by Dust.
Re: Porting Zonestar/Hesine/Anet panel support from repetier
May 28, 2016 11:30AM
the buttons are all wired to 1 analog pin through different resistors. the schematic is this one

[forums.reprap.org]

the problem is exactly the fact that it uses an analog pin...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login