Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Way to bookmark GCode commands for use with LCD screen? - Z calibration Shortcut

Posted by CharlieK 
Way to bookmark GCode commands for use with LCD screen? - Z calibration Shortcut
December 06, 2016 11:19AM
Hi all

Im trying to find a way to "bookmark" / shortcut some GCode commands
Actually 3 commands in 1.

G28;G29;G1 Z0

Basically auto home,level and go to Z0 ... i use this for calibrating z offset but have to send the command via octoprint or pronterface.

Is there a way to save this Gcode command "G28;G29;G1 Z0" to Marlin LCD screen so i can just scroll and click instead 1 button instead of sending the command via terminal?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2016 11:22AM by CharlieK.
Re: Way to bookmark GCode commands for use with LCD screen? - Z calibration Shortcut
December 06, 2016 05:55PM
Just add it to your gcode start file in your slicer
Re: Way to bookmark GCode commands for use with LCD screen? - Z calibration Shortcut
December 06, 2016 06:20PM
I don't know Pronterface but it's easy with Octoprint. Install the "custom control editor" plug-in and you can create buttons to pretty much do anything you want. I have a button that does the same thing.
You would want to change how your commands are listed. The string "G28;G29;G1 Z0" would only perform the G28. The rest would be ignored as a comment.
Just put each command on a separate line.

I don't think there is any way to add a user defined command string to the Marlin software without editing and recompiling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2016 06:22PM by DaveA.
December 06, 2016 08:58PM
Hi Dave

Lol that's exactly the plugin I used and exactly the mistake I made (using ; on the same line)
I'll try putting on different lines.
Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2016 08:59PM by CharlieK.
December 07, 2016 08:14AM
I just keep custom gcode on the SD card and run from there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login