Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer ignores G29 command.

Posted by nansjes1 
Printer ignores G29 command.
April 08, 2017 10:06AM
Hello everyone!

For the last few weeks I've been working on a chinese prusa i3 kit someone gave me to make it awesome again!
I downloaded the latest and greatest Marlin firmware to get the printer working again. No problems there.

After making sure that the printer actually prints I decided to add an inductive probe for autoleveling. I used bilinear leveling on a 4 x 5 grid as the build plate of the printer is slightly bent.
(I decided not to replace the bed and add a cheap probe instead as I want the costs to be minimal. I'm giving the printer away anyways.)
There's only a slight problem: the bedlevel command does show up in the LCD smart controller and it does autolevel the bed.
But as soon as I start a print is does not compensate. Also, adding the G29 to the gcode makes the printer do nothing.

Also important to note: the hardware is not configured incorrectly: all endstops are working properly and it homes like a champ. The printer also posts the right data in the Arduino serial monitor, so also no problems there...
Here's the printer calibrating using the menu option:
[www.youtube.com]
Can anyone help me out?

Kind regards,

Nando van Steenwinkel
Re: Printer ignores G29 command.
April 09, 2017 02:19AM
If you have an LCD Panel... You could bring up UBL (which is available in Marlin's RCBugFix now). You don't need to auto probe the bed. You can just jump to the G26 mesh validation tool and then edit the resulting pattern to get your mesh.
April 09, 2017 10:11AM
My printer is down right now so I can't test it but I think I remember that a G29 would do nothing unless preceded by a G28 immediately before. This is with Marlin BugFix release from about a month ago.
April 10, 2017 12:35AM
DaveA
My printer is down right now so I can't test it but I think I remember that a G29 would do nothing unless preceded by a G28 immediately before. This is with Marlin BugFix release from about a month ago.

Yes... You should do a G28 before a G29. And the UBL system will automatically do the G28 for you if you invoke a G29 without first doing a G28.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login