Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can’t use LCD dial or control printer?

Posted by leonnisae 
Can’t use LCD dial or control printer?
February 02, 2018 04:57PM
Over the past few days I’ve been struggling as a beginner to get the code right in Marlin. I finally got it and my LCD displays the printer settings. But now I’m having the problem where I can’t use the dial on my LCD to choose a setting. I can press it down see the menu but not move up or down. From my PC I can turn on my bed and extruded but I can’t Home my printer at all. I’m not sure if this is a problem with the code or what? My screen comes on fine when it’s not connected to the PC but I just can’t control it.
Re: Can’t use LCD dial or control printer?
February 02, 2018 06:57PM
In order to help you, will need to see your configuration.h file. You can post it to your Google Drive and attach a share link or attach it here.

Will need to know what controller and display you have I assume display could be a RepRapDiscount Smart Controller.
February 02, 2018 09:44PM
[www.amazon.com]
That's the LCD I have. I’m using an Arduino Mega 2560, RAMPS 1.4, Marlin 1.1 and Arduino IDE v. 1.8.3. I’ve tried controlling it both through Repetier Host V2.0.5 and Pronterface and I can't get it to move with either.
[drive.google.com]
February 03, 2018 08:53AM
Your code looks good. You may have a bad click encoder.

[forums.reprap.org]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 09:27AM by Roberts_Clif.
Attachments:
open | download - ramps-1-3-click-encoder-pin-connections-665x498.jpg (103.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login