Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with Marlin upload

Posted by zurferjoe 
Problem with Marlin upload
March 01, 2018 03:27PM
Hi all . I have a problem with the Marlin program , I download it the 1.1.8 and it seems normal ,a bit short on time but normal . But when I unzip it and the program opens the Marlin Icon is not there just a Attribution Card pic and ofcourse it does not open ! Any clues to what it could be ? Hope you can help . And anyone got a Tronxy X5S built and running ? Hope you can help all the best Harry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 01:10AM by zurferjoe.
Re: Problem with Marlin upload
March 02, 2018 09:34AM
OkOKOk , I watched Tom again on You Tube I got IT !!
March 02, 2018 09:37AM
It almost Woks ! BUT !! The xyz is flashing question marks on the LCD dispaly any ideas ?? G28 !! Got it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 12:55PM by zurferjoe.
March 02, 2018 02:19PM
The X,Y and Z flashing question marks is only letting you know that the 3D Printer has not been Homed yet!

Do you have any questions, that I can answer for you.
March 05, 2018 01:44AM
Yes I do ! I seem to have overcome most of my problems ,BUT , have noticed that when I Try to upload to the motherboard the green light does not flash ,the red light is permanetly on .Does this mean the board is defect ? Hope you can help , thank you Harry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 11:02AM by zurferjoe.
March 05, 2018 02:02AM
On a ramp there are 4 LEDs

LED1 - Green LED. can be on for a number of things, it is firmware controlled, it normally changes when and endstop changes
LED2, LED3, LED4 - Red LED. Only on the output of the Mosfest. It is on when the Mosfet is on.

If a red LED is always on you probably have a dead mosfet that is always on.

None of which have anything directly to do with uploading, But...

The green led may flash when the bootloader is run on board powerup or reboot. Depends on the bootloader.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 02:03AM by Dust.
March 05, 2018 07:26AM
Ok so as I understand it , the green blinking light is a defect Mosfet ,and its only an indicator that my Marlin is uploading to the mother board yes ? But as the mother board in not responding to the Tronxy X5S firmware I can safely assume its fried yes ? Can I convert to a real Marlin ? And then dont have to wait 29 to 49 days to get a new Tronxy mother board ,and I can get a real Marlin board within 24 hours . Hope you can help with my questions , thank you Harry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login