Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin for hotwire cutter

Posted by gosth87 
Marlin for hotwire cutter
June 08, 2017 06:48PM
Hi everyone, I have been looking for a while for a Marlin to be able to assemble a two-axis X-axis Y-axis polyfan cutter
The idea is to use a 1.4 + mega ramp with lcd and SD to be able to make it 100% autonomous to a pc.
If someone has one or knows one of them, they will be welcome.
On the other hand, when I did not get this, I decided to take the marlin from a pristine printer and modify it for my purpose,
What happens is that I do not have ample capacities on the subject and would be needing a manito with several little things
Ya googlie the themes, it serves me to share your knowledge as well as links to tutorials or resolutions.
To pass on clean
1 I would like to be able to change things from the menu ... I do not know how they are edited or where it is inside marlin simplify it to some parameters that the rest fly
2 change what the screen displays in the cutting process
3 for the software part do not touch anything given that it works well as is the marlin for a Cartesian

This is all haha
Thank you
Re: Marlin for hotwire cutter
June 09, 2017 03:06AM
Do you want to move both Y-axis completely independent?
Do you want to cut airfoil cores from foam, where the profile on one side is the same on the other, but in a different scale?

We used to make plywood templates of the airfoil profiles and glued them to the foam block. Then the hotwire only had to follow the templates outline.
June 09, 2017 06:50PM
Hi, thanks for the interest.
No, single parts 2d, a single motor-steper communicated with the two ends of the wire mechanically.
What I need is to modify the menu section and screen presentation
April 21, 2018 05:29PM
Hi,

I am now looking for a Marlin to be able to assemble a two-axis X-axis Y-axis polyfan cutter. Has anyone done this before? Is there the way to modify the Marlin to suit this specific need? I have the cutter almost ready to work, I have developed my own design to make it easy to work, but I need the marlin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login