Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem Sd card extended cable

Posted by nicocaporaso92 
Problem Sd card extended cable
February 01, 2019 04:32AM
Goodmorning everyone! I decided to build my first 3D printer. I bought a 12864 Full Graphic Smart Controller LCD and an sd card extension. I have the following problem:

I insert the sd card inside the slot of the display, and in the home tells me sd card inserted while in the menu tells me Print from sd card. So the sd card display slot works great.

When I connect the extension sd card to the display and insert the sd card in the extension, in the home tells me: SD card inserted, while in the menu: SD card not present.

I use a micro sd card (with adapter) Kingston 32gb, formatted in FAT32. Also I tried to connect the sd card extension to the computer, and it works properly. So I excluded that it was a problem with the extension.

Can someone with a good heart, or who has had the same problem with me, help me? sad smiley

Firmware: Marlin 1.1.9
Shield: Ramps 1.4
Attachments:
open | download - Schermata del 2019-02-01 10-30-43.png (129.5 KB)
Re: Problem Sd card extended cable
February 02, 2019 04:20AM
I remember reading somewhere that you cant use an extender with the full graphics displays, nothing to do with marlin, I think it has something to do with the electrical signal threshold, adding an extender drops the signal too low for the Arduino to detect. If I can find the source I'll add it here
Re: Problem Sd card extended cable
February 04, 2019 04:57AM
Hello hello and I apologize for the delay. However, reading various posts on google I also arrived at your own conclusion. But I read that perhaps initializing the sd card manually could be solved. But I can not set the initialization command on the display. Can not you help me?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login