Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Display blank after successful upload

Posted by solly747 
Display blank after successful upload
August 20, 2019 07:35PM
Hey folks.
I have an issue with a marlin fw file I'm trying to upload. I got it to upload with all the changes I needed, but after I upload it, the screen goes blank. I'm using the standard reprap smart display 12864. I'm uploading it to my MKS GEN L board. I have 2 of these boards and also 2 displays, and I have tried both and they both priduce the same results.

I can load a different fw and it will upload and the display will show normal. Then, when I upload the one I need, it will upload, then the screen will stay as it was before with the old version, and only when you unplug the usb and re connect it, that it updates the display to show blank.
If I did it the other way around though, and upload the other firmware that the display shows, it will update the display as soon as it says "upload done' and the display will show normal.

So I'm guessing it must be something to do with the particular fw.
Re: Display blank after successful upload
August 22, 2019 05:54PM
solly747
Hey folks.
I have an issue with a marlin fw file I'm trying to upload. I got it to upload with all the changes I needed, but after I upload it, the screen goes blank. I'm using the standard reprap smart display 12864. I'm uploading it to my MKS GEN L board. I have 2 of these boards and also 2 displays, and I have tried both and they both priduce the same results.

I can load a different fw and it will upload and the display will show normal. Then, when I upload the one I need, it will upload, then the screen will stay as it was before with the old version, and only when you unplug the usb and re connect it, that it updates the display to show blank.
If I did it the other way around though, and upload the other firmware that the display shows, it will update the display as soon as it says "upload done' and the display will show normal.

So I'm guessing it must be something to do with the particular fw.

Most likely something that you did not configure in your configuration.h file. Down near the bottom are the settings for your display. They usually come all commented out.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login