Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

set nozzle position after homing

Posted by schuh8 
set nozzle position after homing
September 14, 2019 03:00PM
Printer: Anet A8 with Marlin 1.1.9.

After I do an "auto home" command from the LCD menu The nozzle comes to rest at about 50 mm in front of the bed center ( i.e. 110,60). Is there a way to set the marlin firmware so after homing the nozzle will come to rest at bed center (i.e. 110,110). I would prefer to do this in the Marlin firmware as opposed to setting a G code in the slicer software. BTW: All my prints currently center well on the bed.
VDX
Re: set nozzle position after homing
September 14, 2019 03:27PM
... you can define the home positions to X=110, Y=110, so a "G28" and then a "G0 X0 Y0" will move in the middle of the bed

#define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 110
  #define MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS 110
  #define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 0

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 14, 2019 04:42PM
I do not have a computer hooked to the printer so I cannot issue G code commands, which was why I wanted to have the firmware set the nozzle to 110,110 after auto homing with the LCD. Also in my version of Marlin I can't find MANUAL_X_HOME_POS, just a MANUAL_X__POS command. I assume the command has been changed in version 1.1.9 ?
VDX
September 14, 2019 04:48PM
... in my Marlin 1.1.9 it's in the "// @section homing" from line number 1124 on - you have to uncomment to activate them:

// @section homing

// The center of the bed is at (X=0, Y=0)
//#define BED_CENTER_AT_0_0

// Manually set the home position. Leave these undefined for automatic settings.
// For DELTA this is the top-center of the Cartesian print volume.
//#define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 0
//#define MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS 0
//#define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 0

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login