Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inductive Z-Probe "triggered" when near metal, but will not stop

Posted by jared248371 
Inductive Z-Probe "triggered" when near metal, but will not stop
September 18, 2019 11:44AM
Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my SKR 1.3 Board to be used with an inductive Z-probe that I used to have on an earlier build. When I enter "M119" I accurately receive either "READ: z_min: TRIGGERED" or "READ: z_min: open". My printer is not registering when it is triggered and continues homing/moving the z-axis.

I am powering the probe using my power supply (unchanged from when it used to work) and connecting the Z-probe signal pin to the signal pin of my Z-min.

I haven't configured much of the firmware for auto-bed leveling yet, I'm firstly trying to get the z-probe to work like my old manual one did and then go from there.

Here is a small snippet of my configuration.h (the rest is attached):

// Enable pullup for all endstops to prevent a floating state
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS
#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
// Disable ENDSTOPPULLUPS to set pullups individually
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Enable pulldown for all endstops to prevent a floating state
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWNS
#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLDOWNS)
// Disable ENDSTOPPULLDOWNS to set pulldowns individually
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_XMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_ZMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLDOWN_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the probe.

Any Ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (75.6 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login