Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer homes correctly, but starts printing too high

Posted by makingisfun 
Printer homes correctly, but starts printing too high
November 03, 2019 08:34AM
Hi,

unfortunately I have another problem with the Marlin firmware (v. 1.1.9) which I can't figure out by myself or searching on the internet.

When starting my print, the printer homes correctly (endstop, no homing probe), but then raises the z-axis before starting the first layer. I tried adjusting the Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0 in Configuration.h, but without success, the printer only started even higher or at the same height (also when putting in negative numbers). Have I missed some other configuration point?

Thanks in advance.

Creality Ender 2 // MKS GEN_L 2.0 // Marlin v.1.1.9 bugfix // Started using Marlin 11/2019, so please be patient ;-)
Re: Printer homes correctly, but starts printing too high
November 03, 2019 08:59AM
Marlin 1.1.9 has a few problems I would Suggest Marlin 1.1.9 BF

And then you should look at these

#define Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE   10 // Z Clearance for Deploy/Stow
#define Z_CLEARANCE_BETWEEN_PROBES  5 // Z Clearance between probe points
#define Z_CLEARANCE_MULTI_PROBE     5 // Z Clearance between multiple probes
#define Z_AFTER_PROBING            10 // Z position after probing is done

#define Z_PROBE_LOW_POINT          -2 // Farthest distance below the trigger-point to go before stopping

Z Clearance Deploy will raise the Z- Offset 10mm for Deploy/Stow
Z After Probing will set the the Z Height to 10mm

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
November 03, 2019 10:13AM
Is there any fast way to switch to the version you suggested without needing to configure everything from scratch? Sorry, I just started using marlin recently.
November 03, 2019 11:53AM
Myself I use WinMerge it is a simple free editor, where you can load your old and new files and compare and copy the information needed.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
November 04, 2019 03:18AM
Thanks, I'll have a look at that. Yesterday I manually compared both configurational files of v. 1.1.9 and 1.1.9BF and at some point I got the printer to start at the right height. The print it did wasn't really great, but it's a start. Now some finetuning needs to be done to get the print quality up again.

Creality Ender 2 // MKS GEN_L 2.0 // Marlin v.1.1.9 bugfix // Started using Marlin 11/2019, so please be patient ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login