Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0.x Z-Axis Problem

Posted by Zerrak 
Marlin 2.0.x Z-Axis Problem
December 23, 2019 08:53AM
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie into Marlin and not really good at coding.
Recently I wanted to add a filament runout sensor to my printer, so I wanted to enable it in the Marlin 2.0.x bugfix, but it didn't compile according to some changes to platformio.
So I figured that I could also go to Marlin 2.0.x stable version. I pasted all the values and enabled the function I needed and loaded the software onto my 3D printer.
Problem is that the Z-Axis doesn't move. It only vibrates and sounds horribly. I reverted back to my bugfix Firmware with the same values and it works that way.
I tried to lower the feedrate on the stable version. It did move but it doesn't move the distance I dial in.
Does anyone know the cause or a fix for this problem ?

Thanks in advance
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration old.h (77.7 KB)
open | download - Configuration new.h (78.8 KB)
Re: Marlin 2.0.x Z-Axis Problem
December 23, 2019 11:41AM
Do you use EEPROM and do you reset it each time you upload new firmware?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 23, 2019 11:52AM
I don't use EEPROM and I always restore to firmware defaults when I upload the firmware
December 23, 2019 01:39PM
Could it be that your default feedrate for the Z axis is too high, causing skipped steps? On my setup, #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE works very well with settings of { 400, 400, 5, 25 }.... for X, Y, Z, and E axes. Both Marlin-bugfix-2.0.x, as well as Marlin-2.0.x (stable), work well with these settings on my machine.
December 23, 2019 01:59PM
The feedrate in the bugfix and the stable version are the same. I copied the values and replaced them in the stable firmware.

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE { 400, 400, 4, 50 }

Sadly I lost my bugfix firmware, so I can't show that it was working before. But still, here is a video of the struggling z-axies.
[youtu.be]
Weird thing is that my X and Y axis behave normal, only my z axis has the problem. I didn't change the vref. I only went from bugfix to stable with all the same values.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login