Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CR-10S Marlin 1.1.9 vs TH3D Unified firmware

Posted by Para_Franck 
CR-10S Marlin 1.1.9 vs TH3D Unified firmware
February 04, 2020 03:26PM
Hi guys, newbie here.
So I finally got to upgrading my stock CR-10S firmware to the latest Marlin version (I needed to tune my PID setting for micro-swiss upgrade and wanted to add the thermal runaway protection). I tryed doing it manually, using Arduino IDE (latest version, using windows 10) and a tutorial from PrintedSolid. That did not end well for me, even tho I followed the tutorial step by step. I had heating error issues when trying to auto-tune, but setting the temperature manually was working. Using repetier host to try to send g-code, the SD card was polling every 5 second et rebooting the controller over and over again. I always got this error when trying to PID auto-tune: E1 heating failed, printer halted, please reset..... I tryed to send a 3dBenchy via USB, just to see if it would work, you probably guessed it did not, and you are right. I tryed printing the file thru the SD card, got no errors, but no heating and nothing moving. I loved the new menu options on the controller, but the printer was useless in these conditions. So I decided to give the latest TH3D unified firmware a try. That worked instantly, but browsing in there is much more complex. I am happy that the printer works now (I was afraid I had bricked it for ever), but I would like to add manual mesh bed leveling in there and don't know how. Is there any working tutorial on how to setup the Marlin firmware 1.1.9 for the cr-10s (keeping filament runout,powerloss resume and pause features) and adding the good stuff, like thermal run-away protection, PID auto-tune, manual bed mesh leveling. I think I am starting to understand how firmware is setup, but I am not super confident to go in there without a tutorial. Pin layout, factory values to work with my specific printer and other stuff are still intimidating to me. I have to praise TH3D for making such a simple solution to install for noobs like me, but the flip side is that adding features becomes a little more challenging.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this somewhat long question.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login