Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0.5.3 Viki2 Blank Display

Posted by younggreybeard 
Marlin 2.0.5.3 Viki2 Blank Display
April 13, 2020 12:35PM
Hello Everyone,

I am having issues getting an Airwolf Axiom upgraded to Marlin 2.0. I have everything configured and working, including steppers, homing, thermistors and heaters, but the LCD screen, a Viki2, is blank.

I believe it's either an issue with U8GLIB 1.18, or Marlin 2.0. With the exact same setup and wiring, the LCD works fine on stock Airwolf firmware, built on Marlin 1.0.0, and on Marlin 1.1.9. I think both of these use 1.17 U8GLIB.

Moving to Marlin 2, I have tried with the main release, the bugfix, and the 2.1 dev branches, and on all of them the display is blank. The display is backlit, but it looks like the contrast is set to 0, and the M250 command does nothing. I have also restarted the configuration and only enabled the Rambo board and the Viki2 settings, and the display still comes up blank. All other features work as well as the other parts of the LCD. On Marlin 1 the entire LCD works, and on Marlin 2 the SD card reader, the temperature LEDs, the reset pin, and the backlight are working.

The pins are the same for the Viki 2 / Rambo combination between all the different firmware versions, and I have double checked and tried everything else a dozen times.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login