Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't get Marlin 2.0 to work with my MKS SGEN L

Posted by Kayou 
Can't get Marlin 2.0 to work with my MKS SGEN L
April 15, 2020 09:14AM
Hi everyone !
Recently, I've ordered one of thoses MKS SGEN L board, with 5 TMC2209 V2 from MKS.

When I received it, I downloaded the Marlin Bugfix Branch, I configured it and compiled it. No error, the compilation resulted in a success, nothing to say.

Then, I uploaded the firmware.bin file created on my SD card, and put it on my board and... Nothing happend. I have on my SD Card the file FIRMWARE.CUR.

I don't really know what is happening, but my MKS TFT 28 is not reading anything from the printer, I can't send command, receive temperature sensor info etc etc. Also I tried to connect my board on my computer. My device manager don't recognize my serial port (it show it as "Unknown device".) Ho, and I've the LED D6 which shine in RED constantly, with the LED D1 shining on BLUE too.

I tried everything, even to set the serial port 1 to -1 et the second one to 0, but it doesn't fix the problem.

I'm uploading here my config file of my Marlin FW, and a video from me to explain the situation more clearly.

The video Link : [mega.nz]

My marlin configuration : [mega.nz]

Hope you will help me! ^^
Re: Can't get Marlin 2.0 to work with my MKS SGEN L
April 15, 2020 09:42AM
There are apparently issues with bugfix and your board. use stable
Re: Can't get Marlin 2.0 to work with my MKS SGEN L
April 15, 2020 12:54PM
Okay, so i tried to boot up with the latest stable marlin version (2.0.5.3) with the same configuration as before, but... Nothing. i can't connect it to my computer, even with my MKS TFT 28...

I'm going to be crazy of that board! Everything i'm trying is resulting with a failure....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login