Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SKR 1.3 "multi" neopixel

Posted by martind_n 
SKR 1.3 "multi" neopixel
June 07, 2020 05:14PM
Hi,

I'm working with SKR1.3 and FYSETC 12864 v2.1 display (neopixel version) and found out that having this display enabled, will result in having all the neopixel set up limited to pin EXPA1_05_PIN.

What I mean is, once the display is enabled, it's no longer possible to use neopixel CASE_LIGHT nor NEOPIXEL_LED, everything is ruled by display setting and no other setting can be done.

This is pitty because neopixel has so much potential and it would be cool to have them for other functions besides display setting.

Does anybody know if many neopixel "instances" can be performed in Marlin 2.X?

I'd like to add neopixel for printer status, either under case light option or simply neopixel led using and independant pin different from the one that controls display light.

I also tried to wire the printer status LEDs to the same display pin with the unlucky situation that display LEDs are wired RGB and neopixel ring is wired GRB, so green and red are swapped out.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Re: SKR 1.3 "multi" neopixel
June 07, 2020 09:39PM
neopixel's are the absolute worst when it comes to 3d printers

A 3d printer requires very precise timing in order to print nicely without 'zits' blogs etc.
Neopixles also require very precise timing.

If you add to many Neopixel it will interfere with 3d printing.
Re: SKR 1.3 "multi" neopixel
June 08, 2020 11:58AM
Dust
neopixel's are the absolute worst when it comes to 3d printers

A 3d printer requires very precise timing in order to print nicely without 'zits' blogs etc.
Neopixles also require very precise timing.

If you add to many Neopixel it will interfere with 3d printing.

That's true if you bit-bang them. On Duet 3 we use an SPI peripheral and DMA to drive them without interfering with the print. Doing it this way requires either a dedicated SPI channel, or external gating (gate the SPI data line with the pin you use as a chip select for the Neopixels).

The Adafruit DotStar LED strips are a not nicer to drive. They use true SPI (except there is no chip select signal), so you can drive them using SPI and DMA if available, or you can bit-bang them with interrupts enabled.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login