Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin and TMC2208 on a MKS Gen L Weird Problem

Posted by paulkoug 
Marlin and TMC2208 on a MKS Gen L Weird Problem
May 22, 2020 01:17PM
Hello I have a custom AM8 printer which i used for the past 2 months with Marlin 2.0 TMC2208 in UART mode, at 24V on a MKS Gen L.
I was using a cheap step down converter to power a 12V fan, wich shorted and burned my motherboard (the ATmega chip caught on fire).
So I bought a new board, I flashed the exact same marlin fw (same configs) but now i have 3 problems.
1. The reprap full graphic lcd screen just turns on but nothing is displayed, even though all buttons and buzzer works.
2. BlTouch is not working, no self test when powered, and a constant blue light is on
3. I can not connect TMC2208 drives in UART, I keep on getting an Error All Low, and in standalone mode nothing happens, its like no power goes to the motors at all.
I had an spare new TMC2208 driver which i used just in case all the other drivers were burned, but same thing happens.

Do you have any idea on what might be the problem? Maybe I burned everything connected to the old board? But if so the new driver should be working.
Am I forgeting something during flashing marlin? Maybe the new board is faulty, is there a way to check?
Everything else seems to work, hotend, heatbed, fans.
Re: Marlin and TMC2208 on a MKS Gen L Weird Problem
June 18, 2020 05:22PM
I have a similar problem, RepRap full graphic not working with MKS Gen L. Backlight works and the board seems to be connected as a blue light lights on the board when I press the knob.
Did you manage to find a solution?
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login