Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ender 3 Pro will not bump Z-endstop when homing

Posted by mmohrmann 
Ender 3 Pro will not bump Z-endstop when homing
June 19, 2020 11:19AM
Hello,

Best health wishes to all!!!

I've been reading this forum and there are some REALLY good posts out there. I cannot seem to find the right one to help me solve my problem. Tubaman has some great questions and answers out there and I've tried a lot of things there.

I cannot get the Z axis to home correctly. When I auto home, it goes to the corner, bumps the x and y endstops ever so gently, then raises the z axis about a millimeter. So I use the knob interface, offset the z axis by -1mm, (just above the bed so a post-it note gets caught) and save the new auto home, save settings. Then autohome again and it bumps the x and y endstops, and the z axis moves up 1 mm. Even if I just auto home over and over again, it will continue to raise up 1 mm in perpetuity. How can I talk Marlin into tapping that z end stop and stop being so afraid of the bed?
Installed the Bigtreetech SKR v1.4 Turbo motherboard in an Ender 3 Pro. I have TMC2208 stepper drivers installed. I level by hand, no auto leveling items right now.
I am using Marlin-bugfix-2.0.x and I use VS Code to modify Marlin. (By the way, should I use the Marlin software to modify instead?)
Attached is the code I'm using.

Thanks in advance for your help with this. I'm on day 43 of trying to get this to work and I really miss printing stuff! I'll try another 47 days, then I'm going back to factory motherboard and factory marlin settings.
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin 2.0 Bugfix.rtf (84.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login