Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hictop 3DP-12 BTT 1.3 Marlin 2.0 Auto Level

Posted by cap_jak 
Hictop 3DP-12 BTT 1.3 Marlin 2.0 Auto Level
January 21, 2021 03:38PM
Hi!

I recently pulled my old 3DP-12 printer out of storage, fixed and couple broken switches and end stops, and I have been trying to get Marlin going on it again. I am having one major issue, and one minor, although I suspect fixing one fixes the other. I have everything hooked up and wired, all 3 axis are moving in the correct direction, and I can home X and Y no problem. When I go to home Z it is going all the way to the right edge (so x_max), and about center then homing (inductive SN04-N), which does home correctly, just not in the center like it did from the factory. But then level I go to auto level the bed, it keeps running the x carriage all the way past max and crashing the carriage. No matter what I try to do, it will not start the bed leveling at the correct spot. Hictop did release a Marlin 1.x config for the stock board, and I copied all the bed leveling settings best I could (that was using bed_leveling_grid), still no go, then I found someone who had converted all that for 2.0, tried that and still no go. Tried changing the margins in configuration_adv.h but that didn't seem to change anything either. Any thoughts on what to change? Linked is my configuration.h - I am using TMC2208 drivers if that matters.. I also made sure to define the correct x and y dimensions in the config as 210 and 270mm.

[pastebin.com]
Re: Hictop 3DP-12 BTT 1.3 Marlin 2.0 Auto Level
January 21, 2021 05:39PM
You have Z_SAFE_HOMING so the probe should be centered on the bed when you home Z

It sound like your x steps/mm is twice as large as it should be, or the X micro stepping (set in Configuration_adv.h, when DRIVER_TYPE TMC2208 is set correctly ) is out by a factor of two.

also you have
//#define X_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2208
//#define Y_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2208
//#define Z_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2208
//#define E0_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2208

So with these commented out Marlin defaults back to thinking you have A4988. Remove the // to uncomment them.
Re: Hictop 3DP-12 BTT 1.3 Marlin 2.0 Auto Level
January 21, 2021 06:28PM
That was a big oops, but only this try, previous attempts had those uncommented, either way, corrected that.

Looks like it is definitely way to many steps/mm. I moved X into the endstop then told it to move 100mm and it went almost exactly double by the looks of it.

Wow, that was it. Adjusted steps/mm down to 40 and it is checking the bed level as I type! Holy cow it is has been like 2 years since I printed anything, I can't wait to start again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login