Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with BLTouch and homing

Posted by slarson92 
Trouble with BLTouch and homing
March 13, 2021 07:14PM
So a few years ago I built a prusa clone back when everyone was using ramps1.4 and arduino ide to compile firmware. Things ran fine for years and then I sorta took a break from everything 3d printing. Now im getting back into it again and decided it was time for an upgrade but the 3d printer tech moves quickly and i was quickly left in the dust. I was very lost in VSCode and platform IO, it may be easier now but it just was NOT what i was used too and not to mention I was always very inexperienced with the coding and firmware portion of building a printer and that seems to be where my issues are now. I decided to upgrade my mainboard to an SKR1.4 Turbo along with Tmc2009's using UART, a BLtouch and a Titan Aero i had pruchased a while back but didnt get around to installing. I was also using mechanical endstops before and i have since switched over to using the TMC2009's for the X and Y endstops instead of mechanical. Now my problem seems to be regarding the bltouch. It seems to be working correctly as far as I can tell, I can get it to deploy and retract along with the self test. But the issue is when i go to home Z moves up away from the bed and then tries to probe(z moves in correct direction if i move it manually through the screen. I have my z offset set to -2 and have also tried -8. I could be doing something completely wrong but I just don't know. Anyone with a solution please help lol, I have been bashing my head against the walll for about a week now and I feel like im trying every possible wrong thing in hopes of eventually coming to the right answer... My config files are attached and please don't be too hard on me, I can build just about anything as well as take apart and put anything back together but ask me to write a simple hello word script and i cant do it lol... please help before i mess something up even more lol... i just want to get back to printing with 2 printers and then back to building my core xy.. Please any help would be greatly appreciated the printer loooks soo good now and like it would be a beast of a printer if I could only get the firmware or z offsets sorted out! I'm assuming thats what my issue is but really im just guessing!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2021 07:23PM by slarson92.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (88.1 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (142.3 KB)
Re: Trouble with BLTouch and homing
March 13, 2021 11:21PM
Github to my Config and Config.adv

here is a github to my config and config.adv. I'm sure someone out there is running a similar setup and can help me out. its basically a prusa clone. I basically copied Tom's prusa clone build and have changed a few things but basically the same thing. Please help! smiling smiley
March 14, 2021 12:26AM
in your Configuration.h you have "Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN"

Is the black and white cable in the z endstop plug or is it in the dedicated probe plug?
If the latter do not enable Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN
March 14, 2021 01:38AM
Yes it's in the dedicated spot. But I may have just recently uncommented that out in desperation lol. I will try in the morning and post my results! thank you so much for looking through my configs! I've also thought about starting over from scratch and or taking a generic config that someone has online that's close and then I could just edit all of my values. I will def try to uncomment that tomorrow and go from there. I feel like i'm close but something just isn't quite right!
March 14, 2021 05:02AM
the black and white cable also has polarity. It must be plugged in the correct way.

The black wire needs to be on the gnd pin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2021 05:02AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login