Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need some help, new to modifing firmware

Posted by Kythden 
Need some help, new to modifing firmware
March 30, 2021 11:06PM
Ok, So I am new to the 3D printing world (about 6 months) and this is my first attempt at doing my own firmware, I have had a horrible time trying to figure out if I am doing everything right, but I think I finally managed to flash my board, but after I do, I get a blank screen.

So I am attempting to make an Ender 3 Pro a dual extruder machine. I will post just the pertinent details, I don't expect anyone to make sure all my code is right, I just need help verifying that I have the basics and that I am attempting to load it properly, cause I'm coming up with a big fat zero.

First off, I replaced the stock board with a BIQU MKS-Base V1.6 Plate Controller Board for 3D Printer Ramps 1.4

I also added a Creality BLTouch which included a USB ISP, that uses their software program progisp.exe,

I followed this video here on getting it set up and trying to flash my own firmware setup. I get no errors or issues when following the video, but after getting a success message from the progisp.exe program, when I power on the system afterward, I get a blank screen.

I usb ISP necause I cannot figure out how to wire the ft232 properly, (I can figure out 3 out of six) but then I was told I might not even have to use that, that the board has it already, but the amazon page 1&a said a boot loader was needed, do they mean I need to install the boot loader program, but the intermediary board between my computer and the printer is not needed? I am so confused, please help!

Kyth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2021 11:10PM by Kythden.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (72.2 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (71.4 KB)
Re: Need some help, new to modifing firmware
March 30, 2021 11:39PM
No lcd's are enabled in your config, so the lcd will be blank. you need to enable #define CR10_STOCKDISPLAY

the board has a 6 pin icsp port. the USB ISP plugs into the 10 pin to 6pin converter, then the 6 pin connects to the board

the ISP is so you can put a bootloader on the board. after that it is not needed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2021 12:07AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login