Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sidewinder X1 with Marlin 2.0, hot end heatsink and part cooling fans not turning on

Posted by Spunk 
Sidewinder X1 with Marlin 2.0, hot end heatsink and part cooling fans not turning on
October 06, 2021 08:02PM
Hello all, I'm new here. New to 3D printing, new to compiling firmware and new to coding. I recently bought a used Artillery Sidewinder X1 and after the main board took a dump on itself, I decided to splurge and get a Big Tree Tech SKR 2 along with their TMC2209 stepper drivers and their TFT35 V3 touch screen.

Over the past week I have been learning how to compile Marlin firmware for the printer and I've got it setup decent with the sensorless homing and all, but I can't figure out how to control the part cooling fan and the hot end heatsink fan. I don't see anything in the config and config_adv folders that would allow me to turn the fans on or control them. I am using the Sidewinder X1 configuration from Marlin's Github page.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing or something I don't know how to do (like creating new scripts in the code) and figured I'd come here to ask for help, as I'm totally stumped. With that said, has anyone with a Sidewinder X1 ran into this issue and how did you solve it?
Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2021 10:02AM by Spunk.
Re: Sidewinder X1 with Marlin 2.0, no designations for hot end/part cooling fan in Sidewinder config
October 06, 2021 09:37PM
Part cooling fan is controlled via gcode. M106/M107 It uses the IO port FAN_PIN
hot end heatsink fan is normally setup as #define E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN {IO pin you have the fan attached to}
This is not user controllable, it turns on when hotend is warmer than 50C
Thank you for the info Dust! I have tried the M106 gcode and it did not turn on the part cooling fan. I'm not sure how to enter the gcode during a print so I haven't tried that. As for #define E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN, I'm guessing I will write that into the configuration_adv.h file correct? Does it matter where I place that script? Lastly, I have no idea what an IO pin is. I'm assuming it's whatever pin it's plugged into on the mainboard. However, on the Sidewinder X1 all of the connections on the hot end are connected to a PCB board on the hot end which is then wired back to the mainboard via ribbon cables. So I don't know what pin that would be. And that's assuming I'm understanding this pin thing correctly.
I found this thread on reddit:
[www.reddit.com]
And a gentleman/woman stated that the following scripts need to be added to configuration_adv.h under #if ENABLED(SIDEWINDER_X1):

#define E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN 7

#define EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_TEMPERATURE 50

#define EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_SPEED 25

I cannot find #if ENABLED(SIDEWINDER_X1) in the config_adv folder, however. Should I just try pasting all this randomly in the config_adv file? I don't know anything about any computer languages so I'm not sure if that's a bad idea or not.
Ok sorry for the jumbled updates but I found all of that code already in config_adv and they're all already enabled. Is this a bug I'm experiencing?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login