Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Build error

Posted by kolon 
Build error
October 22, 2021 06:55AM
I have a Creality Ender 3, with v1.1.3 board. I just added a BLtouch and for this reason i am trying to compile a new version of Marlin to the printer. I only get up Melzi and Melzi optiboot environments when i use the auto build, and i get failed build.
Attachments:
open | download - Capture1.PNG (14.8 KB)
open | download - Capture.PNG (22.5 KB)
Re: Build error
October 22, 2021 08:52AM
The v1.1.3 board is a old 8 bit controller with 128 KB of flash ram.

You have enabled to many features and the firmware now exceeds the 128KB of flash space

You basically cannot enable AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL, there is insufficient flash space
You should be able to get AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR working, but you will have drop all extra stuff.

You could spend a months on this, enabling things taking note of how much flash it used, disabling it and trying the next feature until you come up with a combination that both fits and your happy with.

Or you could do the sane thing and upgrade your controller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2021 08:53AM by Dust.
October 22, 2021 08:56AM
Firstly install optiboot, it uses 1k of flash vs the old bootloader that uses 4k of flash.
Then use an optiboot optimized build environment (produces smaller code and knows it ok to use that extra 3k)
October 22, 2021 08:57AM
But I would strongly recommend getting a new controller to save you pulling out your hair and stop premature aging due to stress.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login