Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SKR 3 EZ + TMC2209 Sensorless homing - Sensitivity issue

Posted by jiberan 
SKR 3 EZ + TMC2209 Sensorless homing - Sensitivity issue
July 24, 2022 01:25PM
After exchange motherboard from SKR 1.4 to SKR 3 EZ sensorless homing not work the same. Normal sensitivity for TMC2209 is 110. After exchange the mother board it was not working - immediately triggered (X and Y). It start working from setting sensitivity to 75 or less. Over 75 immediately triggered.
The issue with this low setting sensitivity is that at such a low value is necessary higher force to trigger the endstop. In my case the belt even starts skipping on X.

Only what has been changed is the motherboard. All hardware stay the same like before and in Marlin 2.1 (which i used and have configured before on SKR 1.4) only change the motherboard.

Diag jumpers are installed. Sensorless homing working, but the sensitivity is issue.
Now I realize QUICK_HOME not working. Even with it switch on it still homing first X then Y. I try disabling QUICK_HOME - no change. Sensorless homing start working from sensitivity 75 or less.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2022 01:25PM by jiberan.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (114.4 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (178.5 KB)
Re: SKR 3 EZ + TMC2209 Sensorless homing - Sensitivity issue
July 24, 2022 08:51PM
If the EEPROM contents on the old board matched the configuration.h & configutation_adv.h settings then, in theory, there shouldn't have been a change in the needed sensitivity.

I saw one post that claimed that motor current setting affected sensorless homing sensitivity. You may need to re-tune your system.
Re: SKR 3 EZ + TMC2209 Sensorless homing - Sensitivity issue
July 24, 2022 09:06PM
I found a doc that goes into some detail on sensorless homing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login