Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LinearAdvance-ON/SKRv1.4Turbo-Machine "KILLED"! ?sad smiley

Posted by sg1oneill 
LinearAdvance-ON/SKRv1.4Turbo-Machine "KILLED"! ?sad smiley
August 20, 2022 12:14AM
hi,
The situation is when I turn Linear Advance ON in marlin, the machine gets KILLED seconds later as print started.
I have no idea what could be wrong, TMC2208 drivers on the board.
Did anyone have the same or similar experience or can think of where should I look the solution for?
I was thinking to switch on the debugging mode, to see some detailed information in the Pronterface terminal, but earlier I tried this function and to be honest, the printer movements were disturbed so much! (as I read this function takes a lot of mem.)
Thank for all your reply.

The “impossible” does not exist, maximum such things that a human cannot imagine due to its momentary barriers!
Re: LinearAdvance-ON/SKRv1.4Turbo-Machine "KILLED"! ?sad smiley
August 20, 2022 09:16AM
I doubt that it's a hardware problem.

What version of Marlin are you running? Maybe this has been fixed on a newer version.

Long shot. In configuration_adv.h try commenting out USE_WATCHDOG. Maybe the CPU is super busy when linear advance is enabled.
August 20, 2022 02:06PM
I am using the latest 2.1.x bugfix.
I use USE_WATCHDOG but don't really get it, how could it help? Maybe I am wrong here, but this function does not have any to do with my problem.

I don't think so too, it is a hardware problem because I am using all other functions etc. printer has been adjusted well and prints very nicely.
(but the nice printing may be because of the belt-driven Z gentry. LOL )
However, it could be much nicer especially at the corners if I would be able to use Linear Advance.
So still looking for some good ideas grinning smiley what can cause this behaviour?
Thanks

The “impossible” does not exist, maximum such things that a human cannot imagine due to its momentary barriers!
rq3
August 20, 2022 05:41PM
@sg1oneill, I know there has been a lot of very recent work on the kinematics in Marlin, especially with arc geometry and linear advance. It has been changing, sometimes pretty drastically, on an almost daily basis. 2.1.1 is very different from 2.1.0. Just a heads up ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2022 05:42PM by rq3.
August 21, 2022 12:38AM
rq3, Oh.. Thank you so much. Good to know! I see now, just marlin just has got an update today I have to try it.
However, I never see the version number ends with a fixed number, only a X. Like now: " Bugfix 2.1.x " but I see the dates of course, so obvious.
I know marlin gets updates regularly, but I have no time (and every time it's happening), to upgrade my printers. I need them to produce grinning smiley
Thank you anyway. As soon as I can I try this!
smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2022 12:39AM by sg1oneill.

August 23, 2022 01:25PM
Before 2.1.1 linear advance was not compatible with 2208 drivers and would cause them to lock up. This was finally fixed in the new release.
August 23, 2022 01:46PM
THANK YOU grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley I definitely have to change it!
I cannot tell you guys, how grateful I am for your help!

August 24, 2022 06:34AM
It is working now! Thank you again.
Interesting, and I still don't get it that my last version marlin, configuration.h shows: #define CONFIGURATION_H_VERSION 02010100
and this "new version" shows the same: #define CONFIGURATION_H_VERSION 02010100
?Why is that?

rq3
August 24, 2022 09:44AM
sg1oneill
It is working now! Thank you again.
Interesting, and I still don't get it that my last version marlin, configuration.h shows: #define CONFIGURATION_H_VERSION 02010100
and this "new version" shows the same: #define CONFIGURATION_H_VERSION 02010100
?Why is that?

The two configuration files (configuration.h and configuration_adv.h) for Marlin may not change at all during several releases, and the release version number (2.0, 2.1, 2.1.1, etc.) may not change until something pretty drastic has changed. That's why the bugfixes contain new files, but the configurations remain the same. The configuration files are just easily editable ways of telling Marlin where to go at a deeper level when Marlin is complied.

As far as I know, the only way to tell exactly when a bugfix was released is to look at the version.h file in the Marlin/src/inc folder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login