Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS Gen L v1.0 cannot write SD card

Posted by SM180 
MKS Gen L v1.0 cannot write SD card
February 04, 2023 04:22AM
Hello World!
I have a problem: I can't configure correctly my SD module (a simple SD module without screen, by Fysetc).
I'm able to read files, but when I try to write (using usb or wifi, with Cura or Repetier Host, it's the same...of course, all sd I tested are not write protect), I receive an error
echo:Now fresh file:
open failed, File: .

MY sd is connects with AUX3, but I think it's an error in PIN config... it's can cause no-writing sd card?
MKS GEN L V1.0 use this pin scheme for AUX3
AUX3 : GND D52 D50 5V
NC D53 D51 D49

so I added to pin_Ramps.h (PIN_MKS_GEN_L.h include pin_Ramps.h) this:

#define AUX3_03_PIN 53
#define AUX3_04_PIN 52
#define AUX3_05_PIN 51
#define AUX3_06_PIN 50
#define AUX3_07_PIN 49

Usually SD module is connect with EXP2 in Ramps, so I have to set SD card module for AUX3....where can I configure this?
Thanks and excuse me for my poor English!
P.S. My printer use A4988 drivers and a Fysetc 4.3 serial screen. This is my Configure.h, Configure.adv.h and pin_Ramps.h files

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2023 06:26AM by SM180.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (105.4 KB)
open | download - pins_RAMPS.h (24.6 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (164.6 KB)
Re: MKS Gen L v1.0 cannot write SD card
February 04, 2023 10:10AM
The hardware signals to read and write the SD card are the same so the configuration settings are correct.

If the card or the file is write protected then that would be reported in the error message.

Maybe you're having electrical signal quality issues. Try enabling SD_CHECK_AND_RETRY first and see if things get better. After that try setting SD_SPI_SPEED to a lower speed.

What flavor of Marlin are you using? Maybe a newer version works better.
February 04, 2023 11:35AM
Unfortunately nothing is changed.
I use 2.0.9.1 Marlin version (as I use a Dwin monitor, I have the screen firmware compatible only with this version of Marlin).

I have a dubt: when I send a xxx.gco, error code is "echo:Now fresh file: open failed, File: . ", not xxx.gco....it is normal?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2023 11:35AM by SM180.
February 04, 2023 12:08PM
Where did you get your DWIN files? Maybe there are newer files.

What printer are you using?
February 04, 2023 12:45PM
There is a software called "DESUUUU MARLIN RELOADED"....it's composed by Marlin 2.0.9.1 and firmware for the display. Using Fysetc display option in Marlin, it not work... it's only compatible with F6 Fysetc.
Printer is a FlyingBear Ghost v1: some years ago, Flyingbear decided to substitute the display in Ghost V1 and V2 (they sent a new display gratis....but I didn't ask for it because nobody informed me!) and now this model is not supported anymore
February 04, 2023 01:11PM
Long shot

Assuming you still have the DWIN files you used to update the display, you could update to the latest Marlin and see if the SD interface works properly. You can always go back to the old system if you want to.

You would need to update the config files and pins_RAMPS.h. It's a tedious job. The best way I've found is to use an editor that'll do a side by side dif. Notpad ++ and VSCode are examples of editors that can do this.

The DWIN display will need to be updated. I suggest following the instructions on this page to update the display and set the configuration options.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login