Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with editing Marlin

Posted by haze12493 
help with editing Marlin
February 16, 2016 05:02PM
Hi guys. Well to be honest I'm new to programing and i really need help with the programming part of the 3D printer. My printer is going to be a Metal 3D printer and since there is no open source code for a 3D printer that prints metal i have to use the code for a plastic 3D printer. I'm going to be using the Marlin firmware and the problem is that when I install the firmware to my Arduino mega it gives me a Min temperature error since I'm not using any components of the 3D printer that has to do with heat(heat bed, strutters, thermisters). So finally my question is, is there a way i can disable all this heat components on the Marlin code so i can bypass the error, or disable the errors so i can run the code because when i get this code the printer stop. The source code is huge so i cant add it here but i can be grabbed from [github.com] . If i can gt someone to help me i would really appriciate your time. Thank you .
Re: help with editing Marlin
February 16, 2016 05:36PM
You should be able to cut out the temperature monitoring code fairly easily. But really... You might be better off just connecting up a thermistor and heating element and tying them together so Marlin thinks it is in control of things like it expects. Later, if you get your printer working correctly and doing what you want, you can do a cost reduction phase and get rid of the extra $1.00 worth of components and wiring.

The big problem is thermal stuff is every where in Marlin. Even if you were highly skilled at embedded firmware, it would be easy to make a mistake and screw things up. It would be much safer and much quicker to just give Marlin a thermistor to monitor along with a heater to make it think it is in control.
Re: help with editing Marlin
February 25, 2016 07:00AM
Just configure fake sensors 999
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login