Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto Bed leveling Issue

Posted by kdmshark 
Auto Bed leveling Issue
February 20, 2016 04:21PM
Hoping you all can provide some help. I'm having issues getting AutoBed level to actually print level, it doesn't seem that the algorithm is actually working. I've attached a video and a picture to show you what happens but it will print perfectly fine on one corner of the bed but on the other sides of the bed it would be to high causing no adhesion to the build plate. Lowering the nozzle any further results in the nozzle scrapping the bed but perfect adhesion on the opposite corners. I've played with the probes offsets but that doesn't seem to do anything. I've also attached my configuration file. I'm currently using an induction sensor to probe the bed. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Video: [youtu.be]
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (40.3 KB)
open | download - IMG_0653 copy.jpg (466.2 KB)
Re: Auto Bed leveling Issue
February 21, 2016 09:50AM
kdmshark
I'm currently using an induction sensor to probe the bed. Any help would be appreciated,

A lot of times these kind of problems are caused by having bad information in your EEPROM. Even though you change numbers like #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -2.35 they don't have any effect because the bad numbers are coming out of the EEPROM. But you have the EEPROM turned off so that is not happening.

I think I would suggest you go to GRID mode until you get things working. Turn on the: // #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID line. And probably set this to 4 or 5: //#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 3

At that point, you will know if it is the whole bed that is at the wrong offset, or just one location and you can deal with it easier.
February 24, 2016 06:57PM
Sorry for the delayed response. Roxy, thanks for the advice i switched back to grid at 4 points. I also changed which extruder was E0 and E1 as it seemed they may have been reversed. Looks like its leveling pretty well now, I'll keep tinkering when I have time and reply back if I encounter anymore issues. Thanks!
February 24, 2016 08:01PM
I find a 3x3 grid gives noticeably better results than 2x2. You might want to bump it up and see if it helps on your printer.
February 25, 2016 07:42AM
Your Configuration.h tells about

#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

that is a homing towards the min endstops.
Your video shows ether homing to y-max or a left handed coordinate system.
With a left handed coordinate system the ABL corrects to the wrong direction and you are printing mirrored parts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login