Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto bed leveling with piezo disk question

Posted by leadinglights 
Auto bed leveling with piezo disk question
March 18, 2016 10:50AM
First I must apologize for asking a question when I haven't yet tried Marlin and have spent only about an hour reading about it and viewing the source code.

My question is, when Z probing, is there a way of having a short delay between each movement in the XY plane and the Z down movement? The delay would have to be something of the order of 100ms.

The significance of my question is that I have been working on a piezoelectric sensor for bed leveling and the sensor picks up the shake at the end of an XY movement. If the output of the sensor is sampling at this time it will be falsely triggered. Details of this sensor on [www.thingiverse.com]

Thanks for any help you can give,

Mike
Re: Auto bed leveling with piezo disk question
March 18, 2016 01:30PM
That capability is not built into Marlin currently. But it is literally a one line change (addition) to do it. You would simply add a delay(100); at the start of the run_z_probe() routine.
Re: Auto bed leveling with piezo disk question
March 18, 2016 02:29PM
Thanks Roxy, that looks like it will work. I have almost no skills with high level languages (but was useful back in the day with assembler). I will try my hand at some tinkering.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login