Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin RC5 - MKS_13 vs MKS_BASE

Posted by jeff6845 
Marlin RC5 - MKS_13 vs MKS_BASE
April 03, 2016 11:14PM
Why was MKS versions 1.3 and 1.4 separated out in RC5 from MKS base (earlier versions)? I cannot see any difference, perhaps coming? MKS_BASE was worked for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2016 11:16PM by jeff6845.
Re: Marlin RC5 - MKS_13 vs MKS_BASE
April 04, 2016 06:16PM
I don't know the specifics. But pin assignments changed between the two versions of the board. I think the Z-Probe Servo pin is one of them that changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 06:17PM by Roxy.
April 05, 2016 02:07PM
I use a MKS_BASE compatible board , on my Prusa i3 printer.

It is the Xinray Melzi board and is compatible in Marlin 1.1.0 RC5 with " Ramps 1.4 EFB " or with "MKS_BASE "

Have you tried these configurations ?
April 06, 2016 11:27AM
I've not compiled RC5 yet. I used MKS_BASE on RC4 for testing, but still using 1.0.2-1 with 33 for MOTHERBOARD for regular printing.

Reason why I am asking is here's the new MKS_13.h:

/**
 * Arduino Mega with RAMPS v1.4 adjusted pin assignments
 *  MKS v1.3  (Extruder, Fan, Bed)
 *  MKS v1.3  (Extruder, Extruder, Fan, Bed)
 *  MKS v1.4  (Extruder, Fan, Bed)
 *  MKS v1.4  (Extruder, Extruder, Fan, Bed)
 */

#include "pins_RAMPS_14_EFB.h"

#undef HEATER_1_PIN
#define HEATER_1_PIN        7 // EXTRUDER 2 (-1 on RAMPS 1.4)

Status API Training Shop Blog About

and here is MKS_BASE.h:

/**
 * MKS BASE 1.0 – Arduino Mega2560 with RAMPS v1.4 pin assignments
 */

#include "pins_RAMPS_14_EFB.h"

#undef HEATER_1_PIN
#define HEATER_1_PIN        7

The only difference between the two files is the comments. So I've been looking for code differences in other files specifically for MKS which I've not found yet, or wonder if this is setting up differences that will come in a later RC?

I take the code and strip out all the sections my setup does not use, and some small changes. I end up tossing out majority of the code due to all the different boards, languages, and displays. At some point things are going to have to be deprecated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2016 11:30AM by jeff6845.
April 06, 2016 12:23PM
The Marlin RC5 was a clean-up (text and code) from RC4 and great improvemend , RC4 was not working for me ,when i make a print direct from the LCD SD card .

When i compiled and uploaded it there was for me no difference in working except on the LCD this was great improvemend .

For the evaluation and settings between two files , i use Winmerge (free software), verry usefull and verry fast for changing your code from one file to the other .

The only solution is , compile and try it out , i used the newest Arduino software 1.6.8 with RC5 and there where no errors at all .

Succes ,
April 06, 2016 05:07PM
garaguido
i used the newest Arduino software 1.6.8 with RC5 and there where no errors at all .

The release notes are not emphatic enough. But you REALLY need to use Arduino V1.6.8 because we think we have found some compiler bugs in the earlier versions. 1.6.8 looks like it can handle all of the Marlin code correctly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login