Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin doesnt print from SD and resets

Posted by Tinchus 
Marlin doesnt print from SD and resets
April 21, 2016 10:40AM
Hi. I decided to try Marling (I have been useing repetier) since I all the time read about marlin.
I downloaded the latest stable version (I think, the one at github), connfigure all needed parameter and compiled it without problems
Printer: Prusa I3, with a smart reprap lcd controller
I can move axis, home them, heat bed, hotend, etc. All seems ok
Right now Im trying to make my first print with marlin and it fails. Im trying to print from the SD card without being conected to the USP computer. At the moment I choose the file and clicks on it for srting the print, the printer resets and of course the printing never happens.
Right now Im starting the same file print from teh USB conected to the computer and so far it is ok.
I have atached the configuration.h file
Can someone help me on this problem?

Thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2016 10:41AM by Tinchus.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (43 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (29.9 KB)
Re: Marlin doesnt print from SD and resets
April 23, 2016 07:39AM
You've enabled SDSUPPORT and have chosen the right graphic controller.
In theory it should work fine.
I can only guess it is a 5V-brown out problem coming from the arduino regulator. Did you check the 5V line?
The 3.3V for the SD card relies on it.
April 23, 2016 07:58PM
I didnt check but, I can erfectly print from the USB useing repetier firmware, so the board is wrking good
April 25, 2016 06:11AM
That's because the USB also powers the arduino and LCD grinning smiley
Try printing from SD card but have the USB cable connected, should be a prove of my theory.
April 25, 2016 06:18AM
I would have really liked your theory to be right. But it is not: I have coencted the USB, Im useing pronterface and repetier host. I tried all combinations (always connected to usb and to the host): starting the print from the LCD = reseting and no printing started. Selecting the file , from the host, in the card and givind the command to start the printing from the SD card = restarting
And, haveing re installed repetier firmware, I can print from the SD card without being connected to the USB.
May 04, 2016 10:59PM
You may have better luck with the current release candidate, 1.1.0-RC6, or even RCBugFix, which is a little ahead of that. Countless issues have been fixed since 1.0.2-1. [github.com]

|
| Lead Developer of Marlin Firmware
| Help support my work at Patreon and Elsewhere.
|
May 05, 2016 01:48PM
I had similar issues with the stock firmware provided on my Robo R1+, I updated it to 1.1.0 RC6 and it works as expected without all the weird resets and temp lockups I was experiencing when trying to trigger a SD print from within Pronterface.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login