Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uploading Changes via Arduino IDE.. Permanently stored in EEPROM?

Posted by CharlieK 
Uploading Changes via Arduino IDE.. Permanently stored in EEPROM?
May 07, 2016 03:02AM
Sorry to ask this dumb question but if/when I upload edited Marlin confit are the changes permenantly stored in eeprom?

Or do I have to explicitly do that manually using options in LCD.

I like to restart machine often but wasn't sure if I would lose modifications after restart or if they automatically get saved to eeprom.
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 03:02AM by CharlieK.
Re: Uploading Changes via Arduino IDE.. Permanently stored in EEPROM?
May 07, 2016 03:48AM
Every time you have changed a parameter in marlin, you have to use M502 & M500 to permanently store the new values in eeprom.
No matter if you changed this parameter by LCD or in the editor/IDE and reflash the controller.
May 07, 2016 10:01PM
o_lampe
Every time you have changed a parameter in marlin, you have to use M502 & M500 to permanently store the new values in eeprom.
No matter if you changed this parameter by LCD or in the editor/IDE and reflash the controller.

Hi o_lampe thanks for the input.

So if I make changes in arduino then upload to controller would I do M500 right away?

I'm confused as to why I would use M502 ---M502; reverts to the default "factory settings".
Wouldn't reverting to factory default delete/overwrite the changes I just made?

Maybe the wording of the command is throwing me off..I don't want to revert to anything..
Just want to update eeprom with newer changes.

alternatively using the LCD , I've been reading that after making changes in ide/uploading I can use the "restore failsafe" option first then "store memory"
But when I do that it only beeps once without any other confirmation message /updating eeprom message etc .. I'm not sure if it's even doing anything

M500; stores paramters in EEPROM
M501; reads parameters from EEPROM
M502; reverts to the default "factory settings".
May 08, 2016 11:07AM
The factory settings are what's in configuration.h.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login