Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

configuring marlin for RAMPS errors

Posted by Slou90 
configuring marlin for RAMPS errors
May 13, 2016 07:30AM
I'm almost done with building my first printer (Mendel90) and tried to test the electronics last night. I have a thermistor connected to E0 and a stepper motor connected to the X axis.

First I tried to install Neil Darlow's version of marlin for Mendlel90 and configure it for a ramps 1.4. I changed define motherboard to 33 and uploaded it to the Arduino. I had no control of the printer and my thermistors were reading 0.

I tried Nopheads version and I get the following error when I try to compile it:

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\Gen7\cores\arduino\WInterrupts.c:33:0:

sketch\Gen7\cores\arduino\wiring_private.h:55:14: error: attempt to use poisoned "SIG_INTERRUPT7"

#if defined (SIG_INTERRUPT7)

sketch\Gen7\cores\arduino\wiring_private.h:57:16: error: attempt to use poisoned "SIG_INTERRUPT2"

#elif defined (SIG_INTERRUPT2)

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

I know the RAMPS board works because I downloaded and ran a test script successfully. This morning I uploaded marlin from here [github.com] and now I can see temperature from the thermistors and I can control the stepper motor with Pronterface.

I'd like to use a preconfigured version for the Mendel90 but I'm not sure what is going on with those. Why do I get an error for a Gen 7 when I have selected the RAMPS?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login