Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

230K Thermistor

Posted by 762x51 
230K Thermistor
June 20, 2016 09:24PM
Has anyone programmed Merlin for a 230K thermistor?
I have a CubeX Duo and will be changing out the control board and LCD display and I want to use the existing hot ends while I'm setting up the new controller.
The formula that's used would be helpful if the 230K thermistor hasn't been programmed yet.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

Orin
Re: 230K Thermistor
June 20, 2016 10:03PM
Orin, Did you check out the Duet board? I am just finishing up a Duo conversion. Great board!
June 20, 2016 11:12PM
No I didn't - I have a Smoothieboard and a Rumba and I'll be using one of those.
I'm just getting into this conversion and trying to make the best (for me) selection of the board for this conversion.
I like the Smoothie but I also like that the Rumba's stepper drivers can be changed out if one of them decides to let the smoke out and stops working.

I'll eventually change the hot ends out and replace them with a E3D V6. Using the existing ones for now just makes getting the system up and running simpler.
June 22, 2016 03:39PM
Anyone?

"It is well that war is so terrible lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
June 22, 2016 04:32PM
In the Marlin scripts folder there is a python script to make temperature table.
July 03, 2016 06:04PM
762x51
I like the Smoothie

Smoothie likes you too then smiling smiley

762x51
but I also like that the Rumba's stepper drivers can be changed out if one of them decides to let the smoke out and stops working.

You may not know this, but it's also the case for your Smoothieboard.

It's important to note that the on-board drivers ( like on the Smoothieboard ) are much less likely to die than pololu drivers ( like on the Rumba ). It's really very rare, for various reasons.

But even putting that aside, if the drivers on your Smoothieboard were to die, you wouldn't have lost your Smoothieboard.
You just have to wire an external driver. It's very easy to do, it's documented, and *nearly* as cheap as replacing a pololu.

Cheers smiling smiley
July 10, 2016 05:37PM
arthurwolf
762x51
I like the Smoothie

Smoothie likes you too then smiling smiley

Yes it does - Much more than the RUMBA
I have decided that the Smoothie is the best choice. A little more expensive but well worth the few extra $.

Also the support for the Smoothie is GREAT compared to other boards that I have looked into.

Orin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2016 05:48PM by 762x51.

"It is well that war is so terrible lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login