Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Azteeg X3 with cooling block thermocouple (K type WRN-02)

Posted by BDan 
Azteeg X3 with cooling block thermocouple (K type WRN-02)
June 21, 2016 09:17PM
Hi!
I recently made some mods to my ORD MH3000R1 and I had to learn some Marlin in the process, witch is cool but I'm still a novice..
So I downgraded to 2 heads instead of 5, but upgraded those 2 heads with better heating blocks, nozzles and insulation. I managed to PID the thermistors on the heads and now I get this error:
''Error: Coolant temperature exceeds max, extruders switched off MAXTEMP triggered !''
it comes from the new thermocouple in the cooling block, cause this machine has a water cooling system with a pump, radiator and a Peltier. I could not use the cooling block that had the original sensor, witch I think is also a thermocouple because of the metal clamps on the leads, so I installed a new one in another block. The new thermocouple is plugged in the same pin as the original one.
In ORDs' configuration.h,
''#define TEMP_SENSOR_LC 7''
(witch in thermistortables.h is a 100k Honeywell 135-104LAG-J01) but my new thermocouple is a K type WRN-02 (0-600°C)
I've been googling for days and learned some stuff along the way but it didn't get me printing yet.
I haven't printed anything for the last 2 weeks, I'm craving it badly!!! smiling smiley
Please help
Thanks
¦:¬)
Re: Azteeg X3 with cooling block thermocouple (K type WRN-02)
June 22, 2016 04:21PM
Read the section right above where you set the thermistor type, it has a list, use the appropriate thermocouple setting. RC6 has seven listed, four of them are for a PT100.

The code your using now is for a thermistor, not a themocouple.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login