Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Heat Port Always hot

Posted by tjtravis 
Extruder Heat Port Always hot
June 25, 2016 03:01AM
I am using marlin firmware on an arduino based controll board for a Hictop Prusa I3. After the second use of this machine the extruder heater 0 port is always outputting 12V. This problem isnt a software issue as even with no firmware installed this port is always hot. However at the moment i would like to know if there is a way to easily use extruder heater port 1 as my primary extruder heater so i can finish off a few ports before replacing this board. I do know a decent ammound of c and C++ so if someone could point me to where the actual input output port is declared i could probably switch them and reflash.
Re: Extruder Heat Port Always hot
June 25, 2016 05:20AM
Sorry to ask a question here on first post then answer it hours later. I solved the issue by manually setting the HEATER_0_PIN to 7 on this model. (Hictop Aurora Prusa I3) based on RAMPS 1.3 with integrated stepper controls. I accomplished this by adding the following lines to the bottom of pins.H

#undef HEATER_0_PIN
#define HEATER_0_PIN 7

Also anyone looking to add a second extruder to any unit based on this controller you can set HEATER_1_PIN to 7. not sure what pin is TEMP_1 as neither of the 2nd extruder pins are listed in the pin declarations in the Marlin firmware or official Hictop Firmware
Re: Extruder Heat Port Always hot
June 26, 2016 06:09AM
I wouldn't feel comfortable, printing with a board that obviously has a hardware problem...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login