Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin RC6 with graphic LCD causes short pauses while printing

Posted by Protoncek 
Marlin RC6 with graphic LCD causes short pauses while printing
July 03, 2016 07:22AM
Hello to all!
I'm new on this forum, since i just recently bought my Kossel Mini delta printer. It had Marlin V1.0.0 with 4x20 LCD, so i bought Full graphic smart controller and loaded RC6 firmware. All works fine, except i can see small pauses in printing each time arduino is updating GLCD - pause is pretty short - say, 0.1s or something like that. Is this normal? That didn't happen with 4x20 LCD. I guess it takes more time to write on GLCD...
I just want to be sure that my configuration is OK. This pauses happen at equal intervals and exactly when X,Y and Z is updated, and it doesn't occur when i send command "home".

Should i change anything to make it stop?

Thanks!

Best regards from Paul, Slovenia

EDIT: i guess that i should made my homework better before buying...it seems that delta and mega2560 are not the best combo, am i right? It seems that only way is going back to 4x20 LCD or change electronics to ARM...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2016 10:34AM by Protoncek.
Re: Marlin RC6 with graphic LCD causes short pauses while printing
July 04, 2016 11:03AM
Both Deltas and the Full Graphics controller use a lot of processing power. Going to a 4x20 LCD would help a lot until Full Graphics LCD code gets a re-write to speed it up.
Re: Marlin RC6 with graphic LCD causes short pauses while printing
July 04, 2016 11:10AM
Thanks for confirmation. Now i went back to 4x20 LCD and things are normal again. I wasnt' bothered too much about those pauses, but at spots when those pauses occured i've got excess of plastic so part came out ugly.
There's more info on graphic LCD and it's overall visual appearance is better, but....if it doesn't work, it doesn't work...

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login