Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto Level on SAV MkI

Posted by Anna & Karl 
Auto Level on SAV MkI
July 29, 2016 01:55PM
I am trying to install an inductive sensor on my Prusa i3 Steel, using a SAV MkI as a board. I managed to get the sensor to trigger correctly with this version of Marlin - I installed with Arduino IDE 1.0.6 and USBtinyISP.

Unfortunately this firmware has the problem that the Z axis will not raise before the homing of X and Y and this could cause the nozzle to drag over the print surface. This issue was supposedly fixed with the latest BugFix, but I find no way to install the new version - the Sav MkI won't connect with the Arduino IDE 1.6.9 . What can I do?
Re: Auto Level on SAV MkI
July 30, 2016 12:24PM
You should be able to take the latest RCBugFix and just cross your settings over to it. Lots of people use Inductive Probes with Marlin and many of those people are on the latest RCBugFix.
July 30, 2016 12:28PM
Yes, I have put my settings in the BugFix Version, but I can't upload it. Arduino 1.6.9 does not accept the Sav MkI files (those that are copied into the Teensy hardware folder) that would let me upload it with either the USBtinyISP or the bootloader. To upload anything to the Sav MkI board, I can only use Arduino 1.0.6 - and the BugFix doesn't accept Arduino 1.0.6.
July 30, 2016 03:14PM
Do you have a 6-Pin ISP connector on the board? You can buy a programmer on eBay for $2.00 and a 10-pin to 6-pin converter for another $1.00. That should allow you to use the Arduino 1.6.9 Really!!!! You want the current firmware and you want to use an up to date version of Arduino to build it.

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]
July 31, 2016 11:24AM
It is a ISP programmer I am using - for using it to flash the firmware on the Sav MkI in Arduino 1.6.9 I need the boards.txt and programmer.txt in the Teensy folder - and the ones that exist are made for Arduino 1.0.6, they do not work in Arduino 1.6.9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login