Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 1.1.0 RC7 & Repetier-Host 1.6.2 & BL Touch [SOLVED]

Posted by krwynn 
Marlin 1.1.0 RC7 & Repetier-Host 1.6.2 & BL Touch [SOLVED]
August 04, 2016 10:56AM
Anyone using the BL Touch with Repetier-Host? I upgraded to Marlin 1.1.0 RC7 and everything compiled great. However, I can home X and Y fine. But if I try to raise or lower Z by more than .1mm manually it acts likes it being held back by something in Marlin. Works fine in Pronterface but I hate using that. Any clues to what might be going on? If I try to move up or down 1 to 10mm the probe acts like its trying to move but doesn't. Motors sound like they have hit a restriction which isn't the case. Like I said, up and down work fine in Pronterface. Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2016 07:59PM by krwynn.
Re: Marlin 1.1.0 RC7 & Repetier-Host 1.6.2 & BL Touch
August 04, 2016 06:49PM
I've got 1.1.0RC7 running on a FolgerTech 2020 Prussa I3 kit with a BLTouch sensor. I normally use Simplify3D but decided to try Repetier-Host to try to duplicate your problem. I loaded 1.6.2 and I can home X & Y with no problem and I can also move Z up and down with no problem. If you hadn't said it works with Pronterface I may have had an idea. When I compiled RC7 I didn't correctly edit the configuration.h entry #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT. I had left the default value of 4000 rather than the correct 400 for my printer. When I tried to home both X&Y were fine but the Z axis just vibrated a little but didn't move at all.

Do you have an LCD display and can you move Z using the menu? Other than that I have no idea why it works for me and not for you.
August 04, 2016 07:58PM
Thanks buddy, you put me on the right path.

Changed the following and I'm good.

//#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {300, 300, 5, 25}
//#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {3000,3000,100,10000}

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {250, 250, 2, 22}
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {1000,1000,5,1000}

//#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 3000
//#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000
//#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION 3000

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 500
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 500
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION 500

Thanks again!
August 05, 2016 12:55AM
DaveA
I've got 1.1.0RC7 running on a FolgerTech 2020 Prussa I3 kit with a BLTouch sensor.

That is what UBL (Unified Bed Leveling) is being developed on! The Folger Tech i3-2020 is a very nice machine for RepRap'ers !!! The only thing I don't like is the Z-Axis is so slow.
August 10, 2016 11:43AM
Would you be willing to share the config file? I'm interested in switching from RC3 to RC7 on the Folgertechs when I finish the MKS upgrade.

Sigil Pickups || Stunt Monkey Pedals
August 11, 2016 03:17PM
CheopisIV
Would you be willing to share the config file? I'm interested in switching from RC3 to RC7 on the Folgertechs when I finish the MKS upgrade.

If this question is directed at me... My Configuration.h file is already in the Examples folder. I've got a servo on the RAMPS board at Servo #0 and I have the probe on the Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN.

About the only thing you would have to do is tune your (XYZ)_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER numbers. Oh! I have my X-Endstop on the left side and on the X_MIN_PIN (like it should be --- not how the instructions tell you to do it!)

It should be very little work to bring up the Unified Bed Leveling System. Just go here and download it: [github.com]

Here is the first Mesh Validation that 'Passed'. The Mesh Validation pattern is used by the Mesh Editor to quickly tune your Mesh. After the Auto Probing was done (at 10x10) I filled in the un-probed areas with 0.0 and ran the Mesh Validation command. I spent 5 minutes editing the Mesh on the first pass and reprinted the Mesh Validation pattern. I spent another 5 minutes to fine tune a couple of areas. This is the 3rd printing of the Mesh Validation pattern. I get perfect adhesion across 100% of my bed every time.

You will have to click on the green 'Open Image URL' link. The picture isn't showing for some reason. The circles are where there is a Mesh Point. It lets you move the nozzle to an area that is not perfect and tell it to let you adjust heights in that area of the bed.

I'm speeding up the mesh_buffer_line() function right now. When that work is done, I'll be bringing up the code on Delta printers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2016 03:22PM by Roxy.
August 11, 2016 03:39PM
Thanks, I may be on the right path right now after finding the new changes for the BLTouch listed. I have it working fine in RC3 but want to update everything with the new MKS boards I'm installing. Have to test now and see winking smiley

Sigil Pickups || Stunt Monkey Pedals
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login