Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1.1.0RC7 with graphic display

Posted by RudydG 
1.1.0RC7 with graphic display
August 05, 2016 12:42AM
Somebody got this working?
Having an uneven bed (30x30cm), i really like the new mesh bed leveling option.
I have the BL-Touch probe, and am waiting to upgrade tot 1.1 RC7 to get thing right.
My machine:
Converted Cubex Trio:
Rumba board
Graphic display
Simplify slicer
I print 50% from from usb, 50% from sd

Many thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2016 12:43AM by RudydG.
Re: 1.1.0RC7 with graphic display
August 05, 2016 12:53AM
I believe there is good support for BL-Touch in Marlin RC7. And there are plans to have Full Support for it soon.
August 05, 2016 11:32AM
Roxy, i think you are the expert ;-)
What would i miss not having full control with the graphic display? If it is only needed for the non-reachable places with the probe, i don't care right now, because i can touch with the probe almost everywhere on the bed.

Greetings
August 06, 2016 07:38PM
RudydG
Roxy, i think you are the expert ;-)
What would i miss not having full control with the graphic display? If it is only needed for the non-reachable places with the probe, i don't care right now, because i can touch with the probe almost everywhere on the bed.

Greetings

I don't know much more than I told you about the BL-Touch. That is ThinkyHead that got the support in place. But if you are talking about UBL, right now an Encoder Wheel is used to control the editing of the Mesh as well as manual probing of the bed. Once everything else is running how I want it to behave, we can relax the requirement of having an LCD Panel. But I want to get Delta's going more than I want to relax the need for an LCD Panel. And really... The LCD Panel's Encoder Wheel is very nice for editing the Mesh. For $10 (with shipping) you can get a 20x4 LCD Panel that works very well with UBL.

Right now I think we have the Full Graphics Display working with UBL. But there is no benefit having it instead of the 20x4 LCD Panel. I did order a Graphics Display just so I could check compatibility and do debug with the UBL System, but so far I haven't connected it up. Eventually I will, but if the 20x4 LCD Panel does everything you need, it consumes much less of the CPU cycles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2016 07:40PM by Roxy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login