Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin firmware rev sanguinololu 1.3a

Posted by Dam 
Dam
Marlin firmware rev sanguinololu 1.3a
August 07, 2016 11:12AM
Hi there,

I have posted this in the sanguinololu section so apologies for posting again. Just desperate to find a solution.

I just got a new sanguinololu rev 1.3a for my old Huxley printer. I am trying to upload the Marlin firmware via Arduino. I have installed the Sanguino 'board preset' in the board manager. But when I try upload the firmware it says:

pins_RAMPS.h:48: error: #error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

#error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

I tried using the Arduino Mega 'board preset' but that doesn't work either. Normally it just times out.

I have come across this online: "Since the ATmega1284 is not supported by Avrdude. You will have to burn the bootloader manually from the command line. See this file for help: ATmega1284.md."

Is that the problem that I am having since my board is a Atmega1284p, In which case I need to get some sort of programmer to redo the bootloader?

Please help! Thank you so much!

Damian
Dam
Re: Marlin firmware rev sanguinololu 1.3a
August 07, 2016 12:45PM
Hi there,

I've managed to get past that problem.. Well at least I think I have.

But now Arduino gives me this error message when trying to upload:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Damian
Re: Marlin firmware rev sanguinololu 1.3a
August 09, 2016 09:51AM
A lot of times this happens when you have the USB Serial port in use by a different program. For example, you might have PronterFace connected to the board and in that case Arduino can't get the connection that it needs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login