Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Converting to Ramps 1.4 with marlin and Geethech prusa I3

Posted by Mike_Lemo 
Converting to Ramps 1.4 with marlin and Geethech prusa I3
August 11, 2016 10:08AM
Hello,

A few days ago I decided to upgrade my printer: [www.aliexpress.com]
with Ramps 1.4 board with marlin and a full graphic LCD display and I've been having some issues either with compiling or USB communication.

I've been following this guide of "How to install Marlin for Ramps 1.4 reprap prusa I3 printer [reprap.org] downloaded the file from this link "Marlin firmware used for Prusa i3 Hephestos - modified for Prusa i3 Rework" and I had to edit a few lines in the code to change the setting to the graphic LCD with the smart controller.

I commented the lines:

#define ULTIPANEL and
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER

and uncommented the lines:

#define SDSUPPORT
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

and after compiling it showed me this message:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\build\sketch\dogm_font_data_marlin.h:12:25: fatal error: utility/u8g.h: No such file or directory

#include

^

compilation terminated.

Using library U8glib at version 1.19.1 in folder: C:\Users\Jer\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

I checked that I have all the U8Glibreries and still after compiling it showed me the same error.

Anyway even after I tried the most updated universal version of Marlin I couldn't send commands from my PC to the printer and I made sure both the software and the printer have the same baud rate. and the printer's LCD and menus actually worked.
Re: Converting to Ramps 1.4 with marlin and Geethech prusa I3
August 11, 2016 11:42PM
You need to get the correct U8G library installed. I've never done it because I have 20x4 displays. But that is what that error message is telling you. You also have to make sure you don't have any other version of the U8G library installed. I know that causes trouble too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login