Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to opposite position for y axis

Posted by alfadex 
how to opposite position for y axis
August 13, 2016 04:57AM
i am using marlin for 1 week now and i cannot manage object position.In slicer i am placeing object lower left side, but it prints upper left side. How can i fix it ,but not change endstops side , from firmware

EDIT: Actually it is not only change position but it is rotated also. what exaclty should i change in marlin?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 05:48AM by alfadex.
Re: how to opposite position for y axis
August 13, 2016 08:12AM
your Y axis is inverted (its printed back to front)

It is an endstop and probably a direction issue

Where is your Y endstop?

If its at the back of the machine this is Y min endstop, plug it into the Y min endstop plug on your controller and configure #define Y_HOME_DIR -1
If its at the front of the machine this is Y max endstop, plug it into the Y max endstop plug on your controller and configure #define Y_HOME_DIR 1

Then check the direction of movement Y+ should move the bed towards the front, Y- should move the bed towards the back

If you need to change this find #define INVERT_Y_DIR if it says true change it to false, if it says false change it to true

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 08:13AM by Dust.
Re: how to opposite position for y axis
August 13, 2016 10:11AM
hi thank you,my end stop is front , so i change to Y_HOME_DIR 1. But after that (y home button) does not do anythingeye rolling smiley

....plug it into the Y max endstop plug on your controller....
there is not max end stop at gen7 pcb,(atmega1284p) only y_min

i try the same thing for x (for test purpose) , #define X_HOME_DIR 1 and the same ,x_home button stop working

edit: i did it. I had also to enable #define USE_YMAX_PLUG

thnnnx Dust

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 01:31PM by alfadex.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login