Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MARLIN 31/07/16 - Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING missing

Posted by ixlix 
MARLIN 31/07/16 - Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING missing
August 14, 2016 09:39PM
Hi everyone,

Ive just configured my Corexy printer with the latest Marlin firmware, and cant find a parameter that used to be in the older versions = Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING

AS my bed sits at Max height before it homes to Min, after x and y home, it tries to move the bed further away from Min but as its already at its limit it makes the stepper ski for a second or two then homes Z normally. I used to use the Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING parameter to make it not move before homing but I cant find that in the latest Marlin release. Im using a capacative sensor for my Z min endstop.

Anyone know where its gone or what its called now?

Thanks
Alex
Re: MARLIN 31/07/16 - Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING missing
August 15, 2016 01:23AM
In 1.1.0 RC6, it was called
MIN_Z_HEIGHT_FOR_HOMING

However, it appears in the latest, 1.1.0 RC7, they've changed it again to
// @section homing
#define Z_HOMING_HEIGHT 6  // (in mm) Minimal z height before homing (G28) for Z clearance above the bed, clamps, ...
                             // Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case.
Re: MARLIN 31/07/16 - Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING missing
August 15, 2016 05:36PM
It is helpful to know the history. The Z_RAISE options got added one at a time to fix various issues. We ended up with way too many Z_RAISE options. It was complicating the code because different functions didn't always need to do the specified Z_RAISE depending upon what else had already been done.

So now... We are specifying Z_HEIGHT's that are safe for various operations. This really helps clean up the code from a developers perspective. Please switch over to the Z_HEIGHT's. It isn't going to change for a long time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2016 05:37PM by Roxy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login