Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

auto bed leveling suddenly stopped working!

Posted by clearlynotstefan 
auto bed leveling suddenly stopped working!
November 22, 2016 08:22PM
This is a serious riddle. I use g28 then g29 before each print and have for a long time with great results, I usually manually level the bed every so often just the bottom of my prints isn't too skewed. Today I was printing without problem, did literally nothing. Jumped a step and realized my Y stepper was getting a little too much juice and rolled the pot down a bit. That's literally the only thing that changed today. I just tried to go a print, g28, g29, does the probing, echos the coefficient and matrix like normal, I jog the axis and notice my Z motors aren't compensating (no my matrix wasn't all 0s). Why on earth would g29 suddenly function, but then fail to actually apply the calculation. I didn't update firmware, change settings anything. Any ideas!?
Re: auto bed leveling suddenly stopped working!
November 22, 2016 08:41PM
Problem solved. I left out one detail, because I never set my Y stepper so high I was concerned with how it crept up and swapped it with my E2 stepper which isn't in use. Turns out the E2 stepper (formerly Y stepper) didn't get seated all the way down. Turns out if you don't have a stepper motor connected to E2 (even if you're not using it) g29 will pretend to level but not actually level!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login