Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mesh bed leveling - Z axis not moving during print

Posted by A_Designs 
Mesh bed leveling - Z axis not moving during print
December 01, 2016 08:35AM
Greetings,

So I have a 3D printer of my own design, hbot with moving Z-axis bed, running the latest version of Marlin. There are two steppers moving the bed up and down via threaded rods.

I recently tried using Mesh bed leveling with a 3x3 grid (with the discount reprap LCD controller) to compensate for a mild tilt in my bed, but the Z axis motors just didn't move to compensate for the tilt during the print. They moved the platform down between layers as it was printing, but not as each layer was being printed.
I also tried using Auto bed leveling with 3 points, using a conductive nozzle probe, but still no luck. The probing goes correctly, the print starts, and the print head runs into the glass on one side of the print, and extrudes a little too high on the other side.

I haven't seen any other forum posts about this particular error, so either I done goofed, or I'm in trouble. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Re: Mesh bed leveling - Z axis not moving during print
December 01, 2016 05:02PM
Did you activate the Mesh Leveling?
December 01, 2016 05:03PM
Try sending M420 S1
this enables mesh leveling in marlin
December 02, 2016 08:58AM
Roxy
Did you activate the Mesh Leveling?
quote=obewan]
Try sending M420 S1
this enables mesh leveling in marlin[/quote]
I hadn't tried M420 before, so I just did, but it still isn't running the Z motors. On the bright side, I got a somewhat successful print today, after manually tweaking the Z screws, but it's still a bit uneven.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login